You can link your user account to multiple organizations. Each organization is completely independent from one another and no data is shared between them.
Creating a new organization is easy too. On the Listrunner web app, follow these steps:
- From the patient list, click on your organization name on the top right hand corner of the screen and select 'View all or create organization'.
- On the Choose organization screen, click the 'Create new organization' link. It's the last option in the list of organizations.
- Fill in the form on the Create organization screen. Your organization name and list name are required fields.
On the Listrunner mobile app, follow these steps:
- Click on the menu icon on the top left hand corner of the screen and select 'View all or create organization'.
- On the Choose organization screen, tap 'Create' in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- On the Create organization screen, an organization name and list name are required.
The organization name should be the name of your hospital or clinic, for example “Memorial Hospital”.
The list name should help to identify that purpose of that list to other users, for example “Surgery Patients”, “Nursing”, or “Spine”. One trick is to create a list for just YOUR patients, for example “Dr. Pasteur's Patients”.
Organizations represent a hard separation in data - kind of like a full stop. When setting yourself up in Listrunner, make sure that everyone that needs to share information is part of the same organization.
Other Listrunner users have set up organizations like this:
- One organization per site
- One organization per department
- One organization per service line
In general, set up a different organization when:
- ... information should not be shared between organizations.
- ... the patient population doesn't transfer from one organization to the other with much frequency.
- ... there is a clear administrative distinction between organizations.
Recommendation: Listrunner works best when your organizations have less than 100 active patients each (active, in this case, means "appears on one or more patient lists").